Wednesday, June 18, 2008

In Skagway, we spent the morning shopping for tacky Alaska T-shirts. Then we traveled into the mountains to go rock climbing and repeling. Getting our gear on...
Here is Adam repeling. This was an 80 foot cliff (Lydia told me that it's called a "face." I think.) It was pretty scary to stand on the edge of a cliff and lean back!
I'm sure there's a way to turn this picture, but it's easier just to tilt your head 90 degrees to the left.

I'm not really as happy as I look in this picture.

Rock climbing was harder on the body but easier on the nerves.




Where can I go now?




Shagway is most famous for the White Pass Railroad that runs all the way up to the Yukon. Old people like to ride on the train for 9 hours to see the beautiful mountains. We just took a picture in front of it.





No comments: